Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Monday 10 November 2008

More Chocolate!

Another bunch of thank you cards to send out with orders from the webstore & etsy store. I have totally used up my stocks again ... in fact these are also already on their way! LOL. Technically, most of these are not, in fact, entirely made from scrap - there is a paper or two in the collection that I probably wouldn't use on a layout & they have been reserved just for cards.
The card blanks are made from scraps: the offcuts from the calendar pages in this book & some of the other papers are left over from Nina's guest book. I'm using up the die cuts too ... I'll never get through them all otherwise! LOL.

I've taken a few close ups: In this first one , you can see the card panel is distressed, a length of ribbon put in place & then both pieces sewn into position. A stamped sentiment & inked die cuts were added, the smaller one raised on foam pads. The backgrounds were all made in the same way: distressed panels, a length of ribbon & machine stitching ... all done conveyor belt style. This next example covers a mistake or two *smiles*. The patterned card was too dark to show the stamped sentiment, which is hidden under the tag, so all the cards with this pattern have sentiment tags. These are easy to make in bulk too ... simply cut strips of card, stamp the sentiment, cut into tags, round the left side corners & distress the right edge before inking. I used 12" long strips & was able to create 4 tags at a time from them. The tag was stitched on, a die cut added along with a Kaiser flower (love these!) & Kaiser pearls (love these too!!)
For this example, I've just stitched the tag & added a flower & pearl ... v. simple but kinda elegant, I thought.
The patterned card on these ones (scraps) is embossed, so doesn't need much embellishment. I used a butterfly die cut & just curled the wings upward before attaching on foam pads. The body was embellished with Kaiser pearls
I only made 12 this time, so I guess there will be another batch-made-thank-you post coming before too long. I'm thinking maybe black & red ... I have just the right papers in mind!

2 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Very pretty cards and love the colors.

QuiltNut Creations said...

these are fabulous!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!