Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 26 October 2008

CCAYR October Challenge

I have been saying since the beginning of the month that I will definitely join in with Christmas Cards All Year Round's monthly challenges ... so rather than waiting until I have all 5 cards (which was the original plan) I am going to blog them as I go. The first card is from the first challenge: to use Deanne's sketch. Lots of scraps of HOTP papers & embellies with a tiny scrap of felt fusion. Technically, I guess it also qualifies for the bling challenge (more on that one later)

The next card is for the colour challenge: to use non-traditional colours & that was super-easy with the scraps I have left (yes, still!) from the Fancy Pants Holly Jolly range. I've added a scrap of lace & some of those yummy Artful Collage primas (did I mention I love them??) along with a couple more HOTP embellies & a snowflake brad.
The third & final card for this post is for the bling challenge: to use bling & winter papers. Yet more HOTP paper scraps & artwork plus a couple of snowflakes (no idea where they came from) The bling is provided by the glittery ribbon & some spica pen highlights (which don't show up well on the piccie) on the tag text & the torn paper edge near the bottom ... I guess you'll have to trust me on it!
Hoping to get the last two cards for this challenge blogged tomorrow before I go away ... so much still to do!

1 comment:

Deanne Clarke said...

Beautiful cards, Beverley!!! Thanks for participating!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!