Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 13 July 2008

52 Sketches ... 52 Weeks

This is my layout based on Julie's #27 sketch - it's only the second one I've done - how lame is that???? The photos are from 'the stack' (YAY!!) & the papers? Cosmo Cricket! LOL. I'm on a 'use my stash' mission again at the moment (have to make way for all the new yummies I am expecting to arrive shortly!) & these are 'Be Good' - last Christmas's collection (& a sheet of random kraft cardstock - no idea what manufacturer!). I'd already used the 'a' from the button fashions sheet - so I used the negative as a stencil to cut a new one!! The papers are already distressed but I inked them up a bit more with Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink (I use this ALL THE TIME!) - I keep a pad just for inking edges - it's really dry, so gives a really soft finish - useless for stamping, so I have a nice juicy one for that! LOL
I stamped the journal block & added Making Memories (5th Avenue, Elizabeth) Die Cut Brackets ... these are a brilliant buy - there's about 100 die cuts in a pack - I'm nowhere near using them all yet! LOL.
The embellishment in the sketch had me stumped for a li'l while ... I just didn't have the perfect thing & didn't want to cop out & just use a flower - so I made a li'l embellie collage with a Heidi Swapp chipboard clock, Tim Holtz game spinner, adage ticket & trinket pin, a li'l bit of American Crafts ribbon & a Petaloo blossom. Let me know what you think, won't you?

No comments:

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!