Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Love is like a butterfly ...

I go over to my mum's on days when I know it's gonna be difficult to work at home & this Monday was one of those days. I finished the project I had taken with me much earlier than expected & had a bit of time on my hands ... & the yummy Cosmo Cricket 'Honey Pie' paper pad with me. Mum had the perfect sheet of pink/gold cardstock & the result was this card. I've been carrying this butterfly stamp around with me for ages & still hadn't used it. So I stamped it in brown twice on to pink from the pad, & highlighted it a bit with the Spica glitter pen Auntie Jane brought me back from the US (It's a subtle glitter - which I really love!) - then just layered them & curled the wings. The brown tulip strip is actually cut from the front cover rather than one of the actual papers & the ribbon is Nursery Trim Trimmeree (one of my faves!!) The rub ons have also been hanging around for years but were just right for this card I thought.

2 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Fab card for the challenge and what a gorgeous butterfly

elliemook said...

Lovely card, the layer butterfly is fab x

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!