Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Saturday 14 June 2008

Love Is Like A Butterfly ...

My sweet baby neice, Lily Rebecca is a couple of months old now - so it's high time I made something new for her. This li'l wall hanging is a page from a Maya Road chipboard book - I kept a couple of pages back from my mini book project to use for exactly this sort of thing.
I used the Cosmo Cricket 'Honey Pie' 8x8 Paper Pad, Storybook chipboard brackets (from the cigar box, which seems to co ordinate perfectly with practically every paper range - how versatile are these????), Nursery Trim Trimmeree & Sweet Mix Blackboard alphas. I painted the blackboard letters with Ranger Crackle paint (Tattered Rose) - really pleased with the result ... the blackboard shows through the cracks soooo well! I added a bit of extra depth with distress ink (worn lipstick), which is the perfect deep pink for these papers - I used the same ink to stamp 'Sweet', (Basic Grey, Too Sweet Clear Stamps).
I'm really proud of the velvet flower - I know you can buy stuff like this ... mine is totally handmade: Gather a length of velvet scalloped trim with a small running stitch pulled tight & secure the ends (there will be a hole in the middle!). Tie a loose knot in a length of elastic trim (both from the Nursery Trim Trimmeree) and then pass the top end under and back through the centre of the knot several times before pulling tight (a chinese knot would look good too ... but I've not mastered those yet!) Secure the elastic flower in the centre of the velvet one & top with a micro gem - Easy!!
So I've blogged every day for three days - another 16 to go until I reach my goal!! Back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Shirley Pando said...

Love this cute butterfly!!! :D

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!