Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Saturday 12 April 2008

Just An Ordinary Day

My turn to set the challenge at Journaling Junkie this week - and a fab chance to play with the sponsor goodies sent to me from Cosmo Cricket. I found the papers a bit scary to start with - mostly as they were from the 'Be Good' range, which does smack of Christmas ... and I'm soooo over scrapping Christmas in April! LOL (although for magazine work I will be working on Christmas in August again - Oh dear!)
Anyway, Cosmo were seriously generous with product & I nearly fainted when I saw the stash! There's sooooo much left I'm gonna be doing some more with it soon! To do our sponsor justice, I created a layout using only the product sent, with the exception of rub-ons, ink, acrylic paint & basic tools. So the Cosmo products are patterned papers (around 7 different patterns there - i like 'busy'); Chipboard alphabuttons; 'Be Good' trims; Alphabutton Fashions (die cut letters that fit the chipboard ones perfectly - how easy is that???) There's a couple of interesting features here too (well I think so):
  • The tabs on the sides of the photos are the waste from the centres of the 'D' (one chipboard and one from the die cuts). Just paint, ink, doodle or add ribbon accents. I keep all the 'petal' shape waste too and use to create faux flowers, raindrops etc.
  • The 'die cut border' to the left is actually a hand cut strip from one of the patterned papers - it had a gorgeous scalloped pattern just shouting out to be cut an used as an accent! I inked the cut edge, layered the ric rac over the opposite edge (it will stick with a glue stick!) and the li'l faux brads are the waste from the button holes on the alphabuttons - just paint with acrylic for a fabby li'l embellishment!
  • The lace fan is a wide piece of lace, folded in half and gathered on a small piece of ribbon. Attach with glue dots and add an embellished chipboard button to the centre.
We didn't stock this range in the webstore but do have some Cosmo coming soon - I love that this DT lark gives me the opportunity to try new things - many of our new stocks, class kits and the projects I offer at MCC (some fabby new ones to be added soon!) are a result of that - so it's all good! LOL

So check out the challenge (you can read the journaling on our layouts there too!) & if you join in, be sure to hook me up in the comments & I'll come by to see!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, girl ... this page is fabulous! It doesn't look like Christmas paper AT ALL! Great details going on here ... love the rounded corner details, the way you wove the ribbon strips through the holes in the letters, all the fonts you used in the title ... oh, it's ALL GOOD!
How creative are you? Using the negative part of the 'd' for a tab? Cutting up the scalloped pattern to make a border strip? And, those faux brads!! Brilliant work here, Beverley! I bow down to your creativity!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!