Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Tuesday 15 April 2008

It's a Mystery!!

Last month I accepted the mystery envelope challenge at Sisterhood Of Scrap. The rules are this: you receive a C5 envelope with some supplies, to which you can add cardstock but keep other product to a minimum. Produce a layout on any theme. And this is the result.
I had some tiny scraps left over, so I made a card as well (as I'm sure I might have mentioned how I hate waste! LOL)
All I have added is ...
Layout: Blue & Orange cardstock, stamps, ink & acrylic paint. everything else was supplied & I handcut some of the embellies: check out the first letter of my subtitle at the bottom - I layered the sticker waste from the 'beautiful day' sticker on to cardstock, the flower sticker and leaves cut from one of the papers, used a foam stamp to make a template to cut the 'U', which has inked & faux stitched edges & is then mounted on foam tape for depth. Really easy to do but adds a bit of interest I think.
Card: Blue cardstock (Bazzill I think) a button, some micro dot gems & sentiment stamp (both A Muse). The flowers were punched from scraps - I read somewhere this morning that paper punches are 'out' now: Guess what??? I DON'T CARE!!! i USE MINE A LOT & i WILL KEEP DOING SO! Rounded the corners of the scraps & card base, layered them - a bit of faux stitching (I use the HOTP stitching template cuz I'm lazy!) - curled the small flower petals (after doodling the edges) & stuck it all down - dead easy!

No comments:

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!