Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Thursday 7 February 2008

Are You Scared?


This weeks challenge (#10 already - where did the weeks go?) at Journaling Junkie
is to journal about a scary moment. The rest of the DT have some fab layouts to inspire you but I thought I'd share mine here as well. This page is part of my new campaign to create less but create better. And although it might not look like a particularly complex page, it did take a while. Each of those flowers is chalked and layered - the rub on alpha is by American Crafts & this is its first time out of the packet (I've had it about 2 years!). I added sticker brackets - velvet flock for texture - and a bunch of flatbacks - haven't used those for an age! The scalloped edges on the papers were handcut: use small scallop decorative edge scissors and then pierce a hole in each of the scallops - definitely not a technique to use when you are in a hurry! LOL. If you want to read the journaling, it's publish on the Journaling Junkie blog - Feel free to leave some love - we all love to read your comments!
Anyway, why not join us and take part in the challenge - you have until Friday night & there will be a new one every Saturday. If you do take part, don't forget to hook us up in the comments - then we can come visit you & take a lookie!

3 comments:

Looby said...

this is beautiful hun, love the gorgeous soft colours and that pic is adorable!

Fab said...

This layout is beautiful Beverley. I love it ! I've done what you've asked me to do regarding CTYD. Take care Fab X

craftsbyjodi said...

beautiful layout!! Well done!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!