Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Thursday 15 November 2007

Still In The Red!

I actually made this layout before the card I posted yesterday - the card was made from the scraps. It's another multi-challenge layout, based on Valerie Salmon's latest sketch; the 'love your body' prompt from All About Eve & Sisterhood of Scrap's '50 words of journaling' challenge.

The journaling reads: This body is almost forty years old and has been through six pregnancies. It has been sizes 10 to 20 and everything in between. It has a crooked smile and a nose that's a little too big. This body is mine and it fits me perfectly. I love the skin I'm in.

The papers are from HOTP & Bo Bunny's Homespun Holidays - so it's another non-Christmas layout using Christmas papers! I used EK success retro flower punches to make the flowers, doodled the edges with a black vellum writer & a white sharpie. the flower centres are red buttons & twinkle gems. I don't have any journaling stamps (yet!) so I made the dotted lines with a white sharpie & a ruler & stamped brackets from the HOTP Thinga-ma-jigs clear stamp set - I think it's pretty cool! LOL.

Cards coming next!

3 comments:

Marjolein said...

Wow.... I love this layout, the journaling is sooo good!!!

jakey said...

Wonderful journalling Bev, and a gorgeous page. This is what scrapping's really about for me. Telling the story...

I love your honesty, and empathise completely! I may not be perfect, but I'm me, and that's ok :-)

hugs
jake xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous layout, rich colour & fab journalling.

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!