Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 11 November 2007

Made It - (Just!!)

Cutting it really fine this time! LOL. There are 20 minutes to go 'til the deadline for the Texas Hold 'Em challenges over at Sisterhood of Scrap I'm playing for fun more than prizes at this point - the best hand I could muster was two pairs - a bit lame but soooo fun! All I was missing was the Thursday challenge, a layout using red or black & 4 lines of journaling - this one fits the bill and I finished it in under two hours - which is a bit unusual for me!
But this is more than a one-challenge layout, oh yes indeed!! I have fitted in all 3 Sisterhood of Scrap challenges - the Monday challenge (use 10 pieces of chipboard); Saturday's sketch & the Texas Hold 'Em challenge! AND, it also works for Arty Girlz 'bling' challenge; Shary's 'buttons, bows & brads' challenge; GPP Street Team's 'Muse' & MagikDiva's 'Use a Word'. It would also have qualified for the OLW challenge but I'm about 36 hours too late! Never mind, it'll have to be a seven challenge layout! LOL.
Here's how:
  1. Thursday challenge - as explained!
  2. Sister's Monday Challenge: 10 pieces of chipboard. I could have just used a longer title (10 letters) but that seemed a bit obvious, so I raided my stash & I used a mix by heidi swap, karen foster, TLC, & a few die cut bits. The clock is a piece cut from a whole one, inked red and a black hand (seperate piece) inked black & stuck on top. There are two arrows - both inked & written on, three alpha charms - I inked the white one & doodled on all three. The title is mounted on a chipboard tag, covered with co-ordinating paper & the black circle is mounted & painted with black acrylic (I found that in my stash left over from a previous project), the last piece is the heart buckle - die cut, covered with mulberry paper & inked black & red. I hope they like it - I REALLY want to be their sister! LOL
  3. Sister's Saturday sketch - self explanatory - the examples on their site are for cards but I like it for a LO.
  4. Arty Girlz - use bling. It might be subtle bling - but it's there nonetheless. 2 sizes of red twinkle gems (I use these soooo much cuz they are self adhesive!) on the clock hand & the curved arrow - plus the two brads securing the initials at the top - red metallic - I count that as bling!!
  5. Shary, from my own DT, set this week's challenge to use at least one button, brad & bow - brads as mentioned above, square buttons on the flower to the bottom left and a larger one at the end of the curved arrow. I have a faux bow (hope that counts) tied through the hole in the chipboard alpha charm that's the first letter of my title.
  6. GPP's Street Team Crusade #14 - what or who inspires you? this didn't have to be a piece of artwork - it could have been a regular blog post - but my little man inspires me every day & that has to be worth a layout!
  7. MagickDiva's use a word - my word is 'delight'. Fish (DS4) delights in everything he does, all the time, every day. That is why he is my constant source of inspiration & that is why I delight in him!

Hope you like it!!

12 comments:

Charli said...

Fab colours Guv and I love the pic of your little un. Love the ribbon and the a j at the top too - brill!

Anonymous said...

Beverly - you got a lot of challenges covered in one layout. High five. Thanks for sharing that your little guy is your Muse.

Fiona said...

How clever to cover all those challenges in one hit - and a great layout - thanks for joining in with my challenge!

Julie Allain said...

This is a gorgeous layout Beverly and a lovely photo

However subtle I love your bling ;)

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz :) xx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful page! Love what you did with the sketch.

Crissi Harvey said...

Great Layout fab colours
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.
crissi xx

Unknown said...

WTG on combining challenges! That becomes a challenge in itself sometimes :-) Super layout!!

Deanne Clarke said...

Wow!!! Amazing that you used one LO for all those challenges!!! I love doing that too!! I find that a great challenge just trying to make one LO work for many challenges all over the internet!!! hehe! Cool layout, too, btw!!

Jacqueline said...

Wow! That's some great combining challenges! I love when that happens. Great layout too. You had a pretty good hand. Wasn't it a fun game!

Anonymous said...

Wow its a wonderful layout.

just lisa said...

Wonderful how you did all the challenges with one layout! So pretty!!

MezzoKat said...

Congratulations on The Wonderful 7-Challenge Wonder Layout! Inspiring!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!