Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 14 October 2007

Even More Makes Today!

I've been a bit slack about doing Di's card sketches lately, which really sucks because I love them - they are so totally useable! Happily I managed to get this one done today. It didn't photograph particulary well - there's alot of white highlights & with that pale blue background I think maybe they were just a bit too subtle. Anyway, the circles are die cut from Heidi Grace Frost Pillow flocked paper (I'm loving that particular one at the mo - great texture & design!) & this pale blue one. The edges were inked with white Stazon - it gives such a great finish on the flock - the pile picks it up so you can see the texture IYGWIM. I die cut a snowflake from chipboard, triple embossed it with green petals embossing powder & stamped the A Muse Lots Of Flakes design while it was still warm. I inked that up with the white stazon too, which gave a really frosty finish. I had planned on using turquoise embossing powder but I'm all out - I think this combi worked well tho'. The letters were die cut from vellum & I doodled a bit on the edges of both the letters and the pale blue circle with a paint pen - really easy and fairly quick to do!
And because of the embossing - this card also qualifies for the technique thursday challenge! Cool huh?

2 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card

Spot-On said...

great card! love the embossing! TFS!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!