Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Wednesday 15 August 2007

I've Been Tangoed!!

The Challenge over on the store blog this week has one simple rule: Use Orange!! This all came about from a conversation on the forum about Looby's OH & his passion for orange clothing - in fact he now boasts head to toe orange - including underwear. So that was what inspired the challenge (oh! you'd be surprised how little it takes to amuse us!!)
I'm sure after my recent orange bashing posts that everyone will be completely surprised to learn that I did have the perfect papers for this layout - everything came from my stash. The papers are Making Memories 'Maddie' collection, along with a plain pink for matting and lettering. The big orange flowers were cut out from the cellophane wrapping on some flowers that looby bought me last week (I'm gonna use photos of them for the Pencil Lines sketch - but I'm out of ink, so It'll have to be Saturday!). The buttons were in my stash - I think I have every conceivable colour LOL (the bottom flower actually has an orange button layered on a larger cerise one - but it hasn't photographed too well). The lettering is the fabby A Muse Artstamps clear alphabet 'Paisley Uppercase' - sooooo yummy!

The journaling along the edge of the page to the title reads: They sell fakes locally called 'Geckos' and in the US they have clogs. Mine came from Malaysia and they are definitely ... (clever huh? having the title as the last couple of words in the journaling???)

Getting closer to that 2,500th visitor - which means blog candy time. Try and pop in every day if you want to help me get there quicker!!

2 comments:

Nina said...

lovely LO who would have thought orange and pink would go so well together

Looby said...

I just love this - the colours look wicked!

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!