Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Sunday 10 June 2007

Desperately Trying To A Muse!

The challenge 6 prize is sooooo yummy that I've dusted off my heat tool in a desperate attempt to win and made a total of 12 cards for this round. There's not many weeks to go until the big event now, so not many more chances to win free stuff (well ok, there's probably at least a dozen!). If you haven't done so yet, you really ought to register so that you can be in with a chance of picking up some goodies absolutely free. Please mention me, Beverley Todd, as the referrer as I'm also desperate to win the Ambassador's Competition (not that I'm overly competitive LOL).
I thought I'd share a couple of the cards that I made for challenge 6, although I'll probably have to miss the next round. Sunday is the day I get to do most of my 'making stuff' and next week I'll be spending it moving in to the new store. So these could be my last cards for a while.
I came across a 1/3rd A4 box of cardstock that's been languishing at the back of a shelf for months and was inspired by all the colours and textures within.
The 'party' card features a scallop label frame, heat embossed with verdigris powder and then cut freehand. The drinks were coloured with Tombow brush pens and the label was attached with foam tape. All the stamps are from A Muse. I really like the Popsicle Pink Solid Notes & could happily use them all day long. My favourite colour combinations at the moment are pink/lime & pink/black. For the graduation card, I embossed the scroll & mortar board in black on a lime pretty little paper & matted it onto black textured cardstock. The 'lots of flowers' block was embossed all over the notecard with holographic powder - these blocks fit perfectly four times on the cards. The matted panel was attached with foam tape & the greeting stamped directly over the embossing with Staz On. I had planned on using the A Muse 'happy graduation stamp but I've no idea where it's gone - so I borrowed this one from my mum LOL.
The summer card is the same background stamp, this time only applied to the top half of the card & embossed in black. The retro rectangle was embossed with holographic powder & the greeting stamped over the top with Staz On. The greeting was punched out and attached over the ribbon (by Strano Designs) with foam tape.
One last card to share - my favourite stamps are this little fish and the best fishes greeting - I have used them soooo many times LOL. The scalloped panel was punched from blue marbled cardstock and the stamps embossed with denim EP before edging the panel with sage ink. scraps of green checked ribbon were stapled in place before attaching the panel with foam tape. The grassy stems were stamped with shadow ink to make a little border (I use this stamp a lot too - makes great seaweed!)
You can view the rest of the cards I've made so far in my gallery. I hope you like 'em!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the cards and congrat on winning this part of the AMP challenges. Very A Musing.

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!