Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Saturday 28 April 2007

And Sometimes Nice Things Happen ...

So I've been having an awful time of late & wondering how to/why I should/ Is there any reason to carry on & then there is a break and some nice things happen. First, there are all the messages of support that I've had on this blog, through the forum & in personal e-mails. It means so much when everything is going wrong to know that you have the support of sooo many people, even some that I have never met - or even heard of before! Yep, when things are bad even complete strangers will offer a kind word - & that restores your faith in human nature. For the couple of genuinely bad people that I have had the misfortune to cross paths with of late, there are scores of decent and kind people who hope that their support will do something to make it better - and it does!!


Next, I received an e-mail from the US wholesaler of decopatch over in New York, who had seen my projects on this blog & would like to use them in the decopatch blog they are building on their website! Apparently they think my stuff is (and I quote) 'terriffic' & if I have more they would like to see that too - Oh let me think ... OK then! LOLOL. So it's not quite a place on a DT but it's alot closer than I have been since the demise of the many magazines that I used to write for! For a reminder of what I've done, here's the decopatch handbag I filled with butterly craft goodies for my mum this mother's day, you can see more of my decopatch projects here!


Finally, today one of my customers (who I would now consider to be a friend) arrived at the shop with a bouquet of yellow roses. 'for friendship' she told me - there was chocolate too, but that NEVER needs a reason LOL. I've not seen her for a couple of weeks while she has been settling in to her new job, but she has been following the blog & wanted to do something to cheer me up - and it did!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Beverely, I have just found your blog through UKscrappers. I am sooo sorry for all your horrendous troubles you have been having but you soooo cannot give up your wonderful little shop. Before I read through all the postings I trotted off to have a look at your online shop cause I live in Weymouth, Dorset so nowhere near you, mores the pity, and found it offline cause of the fire, so gutted but I am sure you will be up and running asap but what I wanted to say was I am very excited that you stock Amuse stamps. I am a massive fan of Amuse and know some of the american girls who are design team members for them via Splitcoast of which I am a member so to realise that somewhere in UK actually sells their stamps is fantabulous. I can't wait to have a looksy around your online store and see what I can buy, he he

Deep breaths and know that you have a lot of loyal and grateful customers new and old who cannot wait until everything is sorted out.

PS do you have a cardmaking design team or just a scrapbooking design team yourself or none at all?

Alex xx
www.sillybirds.blogspot.com

Beverley Todd said...

Hi Alex
Thanx sooo much for your support! In answer to your question we have a newly formed and totally fabulous little DT (made up entirely of louises LOL)who are good all-rounders. They've only just got their first bunch of goodies but we are expecting to see cards, layouts and altered art each and every month. You can find them at www.ctyd.blogspot.com
We are very excited to be stocking A Muse products at the store and will be the only UK venue for the week-long A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA stampfest - so if you are due a long weekend... we'd love to see you
Beverley x

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!