Buy Handmade in the UK

Buy Handmade in the UK
My Misi Store

Tuesday 2 January 2007

Come Craft With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be.

Christmas was such a brilliant excuse to take that quality craft time that I've been after for months!! I handmade about 75 cards (cheating and using many class examples once I'd finished the classes); scrapped an altered bag for my 17 year old niece as a gift from my mother - pink and girly with a photo of her at my brother's wedding (the 3rd time she has been a bridesmaid) and a fantastic excuse to crack open the Citrus Embellish-abilities from HOTP; made two small Sarabinders - one for my mother in vintage Sarapapers as a scrapper's journal (she recently caught the scrapping bug and now there's no stopping her!) and the other in retro 8x8 papers - pink, duck egg blue and v. girly as a filofax (does anyone remember them?) for the aforementioned niece; two 12x12 albums, one each for my eldest and youngest sons - big cheating again here as I had many of their layouts displayed in the last shop and I'll be starting in the new premises with a completely new batch. The other two boys will have to wait a little bit longer as I need to make about 10 layouts for each of them to fill their albums!!

So that was it for my handmade christmas and, as always, I've resolved to do more next time.

So a new year is upon us full of new challenges (and lots more new craft products!!) Already I've made a start on cards for the first classes (a great excuse to use my new Sizzix dies and Ellison alphabet!) and there was the Member's only club project to make - a great little gift box mini album to display a typical Todd family christmas - lots of photos of number one son with beer then!!

I've even managed to finish all the projects in the HOTP Cardmaker's kit and half a dozen extra cards from the scraps. But with a couple of Scrapbook kits still waiting in the wings I'm not going to get bored any time soon!!

No comments:

Still Loving Cosmo Cricket!